9th Annual Dinner on the Grounds Our House Fundraiser
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (Our House) – The ninth annual Dinner on the Grounds benefiting Our House will be held Friday, May 2nd from 6:30 to 9 p.m. on the sprawling lawn of the Terry House, a historic mansion in the heart of downtown Little Rock.
All proceeds from the event will benefit Our House, a comprehensive program for working homeless families and individuals, located in central Little Rock. Dinner on the Grounds is held in May to raise critical funds for Our House to help cover the added costs of running a center for homeless families and children during the summer months.
This May, the new Children’s Center will open and more homeless and near-homeless children will be enrolled in the summer program than ever before. These children will have a fun-filled, educational summer, allowing parents to find or maintain work when school is out. Funds raised from Dinner on the Grounds helps make all of this possible.
Attendees come from the business and philanthropic community and have included actors, filmmakers, local celebrities, and the Governor and First Lady of Arkansas.
The key points about Dinner on the Grounds are:
- Over 500 guests are expected to attend.
- Last year was our most successful fundraising event in Our House history, raising $147,000 for Our House.
- This is the 9th annual Dinner on the Grounds. The event began in the backyard of a board member’s home, and has since grown to be one of the premier events in Little Rock.
- This year’s event will feature a specialty ice cream created by Loblolly specifically for Dinner on the Grounds. South on Main will create the signature cocktail, and bartenders from the local restaurant will serve guests at the event.
- The soulful band Lagniappe will perform at the event.
- Tickets can be purchased online at www.ourhouseshelter.org orwww.dinneronthegrounds.com, or by calling (501) 374-7383, extension 228.