The Education and Workforce VISTA will:
- Coordinate all aspects of volunteer management, to include identifying program needs, volunteer placement, orientation, training, recognition, tracking, reporting and evaluation to keep Learning Center volunteers engaged.
- Recruit and schedule local employers and community members to participate in budgeting tutorials, practice job interviews, one-on-one and a new job search workshop.
- Contribute to the Our House newsletter with updates from the Learning Center.
- Maintain job bulletin board up to date with current and appropriate job opportunities for our residents.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a new Job Search workshop for all clients of the Learning Center who are looking for employment.
- Document student involvement and progress in the Learning Center’s education programs and make suggestions for program improvements based on this documentation.
- Assist in the improvement of the data collection and reporting processes.
What is AmeriCorps VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is a national community service program with the aim of expanding and strengthening the administrative, organizational, and financial capacity of anti-poverty organizations. VISTA Members commit to one year of full-time service, for which they receive a modest living stipend. At the conclusion of a successful term of service, VISTA Members are eligible for either a Segal Education Award or a cash payment.
Candidates must be passionate about serving the homeless in Central Arkansas. Other requirements include a college degree and the ability to commit to one year of service (August 12th 2014 to August 15th 2015) at Our House with no outside employment.
To learn more about giving a year of service, please visit our AmeriCorps page.
How to Apply
There is a two-step application process:
- Send a cover letter and resume to Joy Ritchey at email@example.com. Put the position you are interested in as the subject line.
- Go to the AmeriCorps Portal, create an account and apply for the position online. If you need assistance with your online application, contact Joy Ritchey.